I'm resurrecting my old blog, having deleted all my old posts and starting with a clean slate and a new purpose. Truth: It's being re-birthed out of sheer heartbreak.
If no one but me reads this, cool. If someone does read it, cool.
I have thought about starting this up again over the past few months, but have had my hands very full for the last 5 weeks. Amazingly full! More about that later though.
First things first, I share this publicly because I want the words I speak to spread and the messages I share to help others (and especially to ignite more conversation around children who deserve better). It sounds cliche, but where the lives of children are concerned, I can assure you it is not. I am sick of the status quo of "that's just how it is" and the bureaucracy that hurts kids and squashes their futures.
I base this blog on my own experiences, education, and knowledge and if some folks don't agree with what I have to say, no problem. Move along. Nothing to see here. This is not the first time in my life I've gone against the grain, and it won't be the last. I hope much will be positive, but I also plan to keep it real and real life is not always positive (even if social media postings would like to program you to believe otherwise).
I am a mom, a coach's wife, a daughter, a granddaughter, a big sister, a best friend, a colleague, an educator, a tech geek, a Texas girl, and an enthusiast for making the most out of every moment I spend on this earth. Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. One of my dearest friends who passed away used to say that and it describes me in a nutshell (I know she would agree). This includes life itself!
So what's the real story here? Before my husband and I had our first child, we'd discussed the possibility of adoption. It was just something we discussed that might be a part of our life at some point. Let me be clear, we never looked at it as an alternative if, for some reason, we couldn't have children. I know that is the journey for some & I absolutely love that, but for us personally, it wasn't. We simply love children (duh, we're both educators), love our family unit, and wanted to do some good in the world. That's it. Simple stuff...or so we thought.
And thus, our journey to our current state of being began...



No comments:
Post a Comment